Circle of Security
What is the Circle of Security®?
The Circle of Security® is a relationship based early intervention program designed to enhance the connection between parents and children. Decades of university-based research have confirmed that secure children have increased empathy, greater self-esteem, better relationships with parents and friends, enhanced school readiness, and an increased capacity to handle emotions more effectively when compared with children who are not secure.
If you are a new parent, or you're struggling with difficult behaviour in your toddler, don't waste another minute with time-out, rewards charts and punishment.
The Circle of Security® Parenting™ program is based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened.
As an early childhood attachment program, Circle of Security® Parenting™ program is primarily designed for caregivers of children four months of age through six years old. That is parents, grandparents, early childhood educators, foster carers
The Circle of Security Parenting™ program is presented over 8 sessions of 90 minutes each spread out over a minimum of eight weeks.
- Understand your child’s world by learning to read emotional needs
- Support your child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhance development of their self-esteem
- Learn how important attachment and security are to each of us
- Help your child feel secure
- Develop observational skills, so you can learn to read and respond to your child's (often subtle and misleading) cues
- Develop a process of reflective dialogue and compassionate communication